Wasp & bee stings

Wasp and bee stings can be very dangerous for people who are allergic to insect venom. An allergic reaction to proteins within the venom can cause anaphylaxis – a severe, life-threatening condition. If you or someone you are with has anaphylaxis, urgent medical attention is required.

Symptoms of anaphylaxis include:

  • Intense pain at the site of the sting
  • Feeling dizzy or unwell
  • Rapidly spreading rash
  • Sudden drop in blood pressure
  • Wheezing and chest tightness
  • Collapse

If you observe these signs shortly after being stung, call an ambulance straight away.

Anyone with an insect venom allergy should carry auto-injecting adrenaline pens that they or a guardian are trained to use in an emergency.

Bee aware

Bees and wasps are drawn to sugary foods and drinks, some scents, and bright clothing. Try to avoid these whilst outside.

Specialist treatment for wasp and bee allergy may be available. Speak to your doctor to find out if this treatment may be right for you.

For more information and tips, visit beeresistant.com.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • No products in the cart.